Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Uncommon Scents

For the class "Narrative Illustration" with Mr. Kazu we had to make an magazine illustration for an article called "Uncommon Scents".
The article treats a very abstract topic, it shows how during the last years perfumes started to become more unisex. Fragrances for women or men are now more similar between them. My illustration is a man's hand and the hand of a woman seeking a bottle for both of them.

For that I modeled a 3D bottle.

Then I "fill" in the sides of the man and the woman with a young and vibrant color.
Then back to the illustration.

Finally I received a very smart comment. "Don't make an ilustration you can make with a photo", So then I made this little change just to separate the space between a photo and my illustration.

No comments: